Friday, January 8, 2010

Terry Gilliam interview at cbc.ca

I love movies. I love getting lost in delicious visuals and solid storytelling. Doesn't happen much anymore. The Empire Strikes Back, that was my first kiss. But the first movie that ever made me think, that ever knocked me silly: Terry Gilliam's Jabberwocky. Then I saw Brazil, many, many times. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen feels like an overdose of candy, grief, and dancing, and every time I watch it, I learn something. Every time. I find Gilliam's animations are the highlight of any Python episode. His struggles to tell those stories keep me going in my own dark nights. And frankly, I trust him so much as a storyteller that I'd watch him move toothpicks across a tablecloth.

Here's the text of a recent interview with Gilliam at cbc.ca, with some visuals.

No comments:

Spark-gap transmission / Michelle Butler Hallett

Spark-gap transmission / Michelle Butler Hallett
in progress